January Newsletter 2019
Friday, January 11 is Mom's Morning Out at The Charleston Coffee Exchange at 8:30. Drop off your kids and meet us at the coffee shop for fellowship. This is an excellent way for new families to meet current families.
The Kindergarten Early Decision Application is due on Tuesday, January 15. If you have a child who will be in Kindergarten next year, please fill out the 2019-2020 application before January 15. This helps us prioritize your application, and it helps us know how many spots to make available for new families. Note: Students in our K4 program do not need to apply; their spot has already been reserved.
The Usborne Book Fair is Monday, January 14- Friday, January 18. It will be in room 119. It will be open from 12:00-4:00 Monday-Thursday and Friday after the program. Teachers have created classroom wish lists that will be available at the book fair. Sign up to volunteer here.
Grandparents and Special Friends Day is Friday, January 18. The program will start at 10:30 showcasing each class with a special message from Mr. White. After the program grandparents and special friends as welcome to see artwork presented by the K5, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders in the cafeteria and look through the book fair in room 119.
Our monthly prayer meeting is Friday, January 18 in Ms. Chandler's office. Join us as we pray for the school.
Friday, January 18 is the end of the 2nd quarter/1st semester. This is also a half day (noon dismissal) and a teacher work day.
There will be no school on Monday, January 21 for MLK Jr. Day.
Report cards come out Tuesday, January 22.
Monday, January 28 is our K4 Shadow Day. Future K4 students will shadow our current students throughout their day.
Our first Chick-fil-a Spirit night of 2019 will be Monday, January 28. Join us from 5:00-8:00 at the Savannah Hwy Chick-fil-a to fellowship with other CCS families.
The Regional Spelling Bee is Wednesday, January 30.
Field Trip Dates coming soon for 2nd semester.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you have a child who will be in Kindergarten next year, and please fill out the 2019-2020 application before January 15. We want to make sure your child has a spot in next year's Kindergarten class. Moreover, we need to know how many spots to make available to new families. Thank you so much for helping us in this way.
- Please help make our dismissal procedure as smooth as possible by refraining from conferencing with teachers between 3:15 and 3:30. If you would like to meet with a teacher, please send the teacher an email and set up an appointment. Thank you!
- Make sure to place lunch orders on time. Tropical Smoothie and Chick-fil-a must be ordered by 8:00 am Monday morning. Pizza Hut must be ordered by 2:00 pm the day before.
- Please check the lost and found. Several items have been turned in since the beginning of school. If your child has lost something, please look in our lost and found, located in the women's locker room. CCS is not responsible for any lost items.
January Chapel Dates
- Speaker: Mrs. Bollmann
- Announcements: January Birthdays Acknowledged
- Recitation: Proverbs 3:5-6, 1st Grade
- Student Speech: Ellie LeGette
January 18 - Grandparents and Special Friends Day Chapel
- Speaker: TBD
- Recitation: The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17), 2nd Grade; The Lord's Prayer, 3rd & 4th Grade
- Student Speech: Angelina; Zachary
Save The Date
February 1 - CCS Prayer Meeting
February 14 - Valentine Class Parties
February 18 - Presidents Day, No School
February 20 - Progress Reports
February 25 - Chick-fil-A Spirit Night